The mysterious shade of brown
The hair color shaden (from French chatain, "chestnut") is probably one of the most common and at the same time interesting and ambiguous. What is this color and how to choose the right shade of brown for dyeing into a shaven hair?
- Shaten - what hair color is meant?
- Who is suitable for the palette of shaden?
- Light and dark shades of the shaden palette
- Hair colors in the shaden palette
- Natural shaden: step by step instructions for dyeing at home
- Care after dyeing
SHADEN - WHAT HAIR COLOR IS MEANT?
If they say about a person that he is brown or brown-haired, they mean a kind of brown hair color with caramel or red undertones - the very same chestnut color. Perhaps only professionals, stylists and colorists can give a more precise definition of the shade of brown, because there are so many nuances in it.
Curiously, but the natural brown hair color possessors of dark brown hair (and it can be very deep, almost black), often call themselves brunettes. However, in the sunlight, even the darkest true color of aubergine will begin to cast redness. In general, marron is a complex, rich and very popular color. For this reason, colors in this range have always been in demand. However, if before it was not so easy to repeat the natural shade of tan, by 2021 we have the richest choice of quality paints of suitable tones.
The trend, of course, was set by stars of different times. Among them are quite a few top models, including Cindy Crawford and Gisele Bündchen. Today, the color change is quite accessible to everyone and at home.
The mix of brown and red suits many people regardless of age, skin color and eye color. The range of browns has a few more specific advantages.
It is a noble color. A girl with well-groomed brown hair looks dignified and attractive, without a hint of frivolity. It is no coincidence that the English rose is also the owner of brown hair.
The tone of the hair in brown hair will not lose its attractiveness even after sunbathing. Burnt strands, on the contrary, will become even brighter, adding versatility to the image.
Brown hair and brunette - what's the difference?
How can you tell the difference between brown and brunette? The color shaden can be both dark brown and light brown. The main condition is the noticeable presence of the red cast.
And the range of the brunette palette includes shades from pure black to chocolate. A girl who cannot be called either brunette, or redhead, or blonde with the highest probability will be called a shaten girl. If you set up to pick up a shade of shaden palette, it is most convenient to do it by photo. Below are the fashionable options in 2021.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR THE PALETTE OF SHADE AUBERGINE?
Coloring in the range of shaden is not considered the easiest, the palette has a great variety, from conventionally russet to chocolate color.
Whatever the initial combination, the breadth of the spectrum of shaden allows as a result to obtain a spectacular hair color that will successfully emphasize the appearance.
Brown-eyed people when choosing this palette are hard to suspect of coloring (unless the original strands were gray). It's a common natural combination, which means it looks organic. Stop at the dark or light brown shade for brown eyes - you decide on your taste, but the "temperature" of the color should lean towards warm.
Brown-haired women with green eyes are a beauty! From celebrity examples, Angelina Jolie, Sarah Sampaio, Katie Holmes immediately come to mind. For green eyes, you can vary the transformation options: dye the hair in one tone or take several shades into the work, for example, dark blush and brown. Of the coloring techniques in the latter case, we advise to choose air touch, shatouch or balayage.
Blue or gray eyes
Many blue-eyed and gray-eyed girls believe that they are not brown hair. They were afraid that brown would not make friends with blue, and gray would fade against the background of dark curls. What can I say... At the very least, Miranda Kerr proves this prejudice! Blue eyes and shaden-colored strands make the image soft and sexy at the same time. And for the owners of gray eyes colorists recommend the colors of the range of dark tan.
LIGHT AND DARK SHADES OF THE TAN PALETTE
This color looks most advantageous on long, wavy strands. In second place are ultra-trendy multilevel haircuts, such as an elongated oblique bob.
Girls with perfectly smooth hair are invited on the hunt for colors of this shade. If you prefer to start the morning with a perm, we recommend thinking about ash coloring in the technique of balayage. The shades should not be contrasting, and it is better if there are no more than three of them.
If the vacation at the sea is still in the distant plans, why not bring them closer, at least to the senses, with the help of coloring, reminiscent by the effect of the result received after the sunbathing? By the way, hair with golden iridescence in the strands of brown hair is compared to milk chocolate, poured with caramel. It is worth a try!
This shade is on the border with reds, but if you look closely, it also has brown overtones. The copper shade on the hair of brown hair can be found with the help of tinting products.
The color is close to black, but in bright sunlight auburn and red shades appear. Colorists believe that this color is especially good if the hair from nature is distinguished by strength and health, and advise to use products for the poorest effect to shine strands.
This is the most natural variant of all of these options. It looks very beautiful with fashionable, slightly careless hairstyles. There are significantly fewer colors in this shade on the beauty market, but we found a few options.
HAIR DYES IN THE SHADE PALETTE
In our selection, you'll find a variety of dye options that will help you achieve shades of brown in one coloring session.
A deep, dark shade - just right for those who dream about black hair color, but want to enliven it with a bit of brown iridescence. By the way, the specialists of Garnier offer to get such result with the help of Olia dye without ammonia. Moreover, this product contains floral oils that take care of the hair.
A cool ashy taupe can be achieved with a light brown dye from the same Olia Garnier range. The result usually looks so natural that it is easy to mistake the color for your natural shade.
L'Oréal Paris's Excellence copper-colored hair cream dye does its job perfectly. L'Oréal Paris experts confirm that it completely covers gray, while protecting, strengthening and thickening the hair.
The creators of Garnier Olia have formulated the hair colouring treatment so that it goes well with aftercare. If you want to go for a light tan, you can check out all the claimed benefits with this shade of Radiant Auburn Bronze.
NATURAL TAN: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR DYEING AT HOME
And now let's tell you how to achieve a beautiful shade of taupe without seeking help from specialists.
- Prepare your hair for the procedure. It is better to wash your hair the day before dyeing and not to apply styling products to the strands afterwards.
- Test the dye on a small area of skin to eliminate the risk of an allergic reaction. The best way to do this should be indicated on the product packaging.
- If you want a long-lasting color, approach the choice of paint carefully and responsibly. It will be a plus if the product contains caring components.
- When starting to dye, for convenience, divide the hair into four parts.
- Work on each area individually. First, use a brush to distribute the paint in the root zone, and then along the entire length.
- To make sure that each hair is covered, lightly massage the strands or comb the hair several times with a plastic comb with sparse teeth.
- After waiting as instructed, rinse without shampoo (unless otherwise instructed) and use the conditioner that usually comes with the dye.
CARE AFTER DYEING
Care for colored hair has its own peculiarities, and it is better not to neglect them.
The additional care is necessary to prolong the dyeing resistance and to keep your locks healthy and strong. Let us mention the key points.
- It is recommended to use only cleansers for coloured hair, intensive cleansing shampoos should be avoided: they can accelerate the washing of the pigment.
- Always use balm, conditioner or mask for colored hair after washing. While dye exposes the cuticle scales, these three products will seal them, which will help protect the pigment in your hair, not to mention make combing and styling your locks easier.
- When using irons, curling irons and other hot styling arsenal, be sure to apply thermal protection in advance. Dyed hair needs it especially.
- Concentrate on keeping hair from environmental damage with leave-in conditioners. Nowadays such products are often multifunctional, providing strands not only protection, but also shine. For example, the oil-elixir "Transformation", Garnier Fructis.